“At the side of the everlasting why, is a yes and a yes, and a yes.”~ -E.M. Forster
In her graduating year, Claire was voted “Most Likely to Become the Prime Minister’s Speechwriter”, something she then considered a somewhat dubious honour (why wasn’t she “Most Likely to Become Prime Minister”?). Now, almost 20 years later, Claire looks back on this quite differently. To be thought of as an effective communicator is definitely a compliment, and something she views as an ongoing goal. In fact, as Project Manager with bv02, Claire considers it to be the most important aspect of her job. Whether it’s discovering clients’ needs and making them understood to key staff, listening to web developers discuss their approach to a solution, or keeping a client up to date on a project’s status, open dialogue is imperative to the success of any venture.
And Claire should know. She has a broad base of experience with project management, digital branding, content development, and event planning, and has degrees from McGill University and an MA from the University of London (UK). She has worked with non-profits, corporate partners, entertainers and government, and brings her trademark calm approach to every project.
When she’s not staying on top of her clients’ work, Claire can be found trawling local museums, listening to music, blogging about art and culture, or biking along the Canal with kids in tow. She is a recent returnee to Ottawa after many years away and is very happy to be back. And no, she’s not related to the Sutton realty family.
- Web folk, great article on bug tracking. Thanks, @rmknuth. Issue Reporting: How to ensure your - karlgroves.com/2013/11/06/iss… 6 Nov
- Great article on sustainable consumerism & the complexities inherent in the environmental crisis. fastcoexist.com/3015838/can-su… 10 Sep
- Designer friends, a great deal on fonts. 100+ Expertly Paired Design Fonts (81% off) deals.designtaxi.com/sales/the-kern… 10 Sep
- 62% of shoppers didn't buy a product because… not too expensive, not slow delivery… because the website was too slow. Too. Slow. 25 Jul
- It has been a great experience launching our device lab. Check out the video of what people had to say about it: vimeo.com/70652572 23 Jul
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Howard's End by E. M. Forster
- Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson
- Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolfe
- Body Art/Performing the Subject by Amelia Jones
- Town Called Malice by The Jam
- London Calling by The Clash
- Little Fluffy Clouds by The Orb
- Last Night by The Strokes
- Stylo by Gorillaz featuring Bobby Womack