“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”~ -Ellen Parr
Paul Wright would like to believe that there is a modern equivalent of a renaissance man, perhaps a 'renaissance person' or 'polymath'. A generalist at heart, he loves to learn about anything he can and is fascinated by the connection between art and science and how some things can be deeply rooted in the old, yet are defiantly new. He believes it is finding areas with that richness of interconnectivity in nature that helps guide our own design principles, giving us insight into things that are the most efficient, natural, and long-lasting.
After graduating with a degree in Physics and a minor in Theatre from the University of Guelph, he travelled through Australia, Asia, and Europe, observing and absorbing everything he could. Realizing that there are few occupations that so lovingly embrace the intersection of creative and technical as web design and development does, Paul latched on four years ago and hasn't looked back.
Always ready to grab a beer and chat about the universe and how everything is related, hit him up with your favourite worldly observations.
- @paintedbicycle if you don't use a frontend load balancer then you need nginx for port 80. but if lots of users, just use load balancer 16h
- @paintedbicycle I'd probably just use nginx as a reverse proxy, serving up static files. Not a matter of security, but performance 17h
- @paintedbicycle definitely not, nginx doesn't add any security or stability. if anything it's another point of failure. 17h
- Help my mom, @JenEWright’s team out? What’s the best (video?) intro to using Twitter for an org? cc @Jason_Faber @desiraeo 17h
- Do I have to deploy nodejs with nginx in order to be secure & stable? Anyone have tips to a solid nodejs production deployment? (no Apache) 17h
- Blink - Malolm Gladwell
- This Is Your Brain on Music - Daniel Levitin
- On the Road - Jack Kerouac
- Bob Dylan
- Fela Kuti
- The Fiery Furnaces
- David Bromberg
- Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots
- Joshua Redman - MoodSwing
- John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
- A Silver Mt. Zion - Horses In The Sky