“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.”~ -Ellen Parr
Paul Wright would like to believe that there is a modern equivalent of a renaissance man, perhaps a 'renaissance person' or 'polymath'. A generalist at heart, he loves to learn about anything he can and is fascinated by the connection between art and science and how some things can be deeply rooted in the old, yet are defiantly new. He believes it is finding areas with that richness of interconnectivity in nature that helps guide our own design principles, giving us insight into things that are the most efficient, natural, and long-lasting.
After graduating with a degree in Physics and a minor in Theatre from the University of Guelph, he travelled through Australia, Asia, and Europe, observing and absorbing everything he could. Realizing that there are few occupations that so lovingly embrace the intersection of creative and technical as web design and development does, Paul latched on four years ago and hasn't looked back.
Always ready to grab a beer and chat about the universe and how everything is related, hit him up with your favourite worldly observations.
- “A/B testing can’t show if you’re making people happy. It can improve what you are, but can’t show what you might become.” @mulegirl #aeasf 2h
- "If we only test bottle openers, we may never realize customers prefer screw-top bottles" Victor Lombardi via @mulegirl #aeasf 2h
- You really can’t beat this when you need a pick-me-up. Classic. youtube.com/watch?v=Q9zvgc… 23h
- Mathematician, physicist, biologist see cow. B: Wow blue cows here! P: At least one blue cow. M: At least one half of one blue cow. #proof 10 Dec
- The TK Elevator repair trucks are always at my building. That means everything is kept safe & strong? Preventative maintenance? Right? Guys? 9 Dec
- Blink - Malolm Gladwell
- This Is Your Brain on Music - Daniel Levitin
- On the Road - Jack Kerouac
- Bob Dylan
- Fela Kuti
- The Fiery Furnaces
- David Bromberg
- Charles Mingus - Blues & Roots
- Joshua Redman - MoodSwing
- John Coltrane - A Love Supreme
- A Silver Mt. Zion - Horses In The Sky